OPEN CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS 2021
XARKIS FESTIVAL + ARTISTS RESIDENCY PROGRAM
Xarkis Festival 2021 will take place during the 15th-17th October, with an Artists’ Residency Program starting from the 10th-14th of October, in Lympia village (Nicosia district).
This year’s event explores the theme Going back to the roots: environment and society. This is an opportunity for you to participate in an interdisciplinary setting that will involve artists, cultural actors and local community members experimenting under this theme. As a volunteer, you are a vital member of the Festival. Your involvement in this energetic and creative environment will contribute to the build-up of a unique Festival experience. We invite you to become a volunteer and actively participate in the realisation of an impactful Residency and Festival.
This call is directed towards individuals with an interest in community-oriented and socially engaged cultural events, and the involvement with projects that deal with society, the environment and culture more widely. Volunteers from any of the following backgrounds – and not only, are encouraged to apply:
- Design (social design, graphic/communication design, product/industrial design, architecture, sustainable design, innovation design etc)
- Technical coordination, event coordination, production management etc
- Performing arts (music, performance art, sound art, theatre, dance etc)
- Socially engaged art
- Visual arts (digital arts, painting, drawing, mixed-media, photography, film, video, visual anthropology, sculpture, installation, etc)
- Arts management and the creative Industries
- Culture, heritage, crafts making etc
- Natural sciences, environmental studies, upcycling, permaculture, natural building, etc
- Social sciences (anthropology, philosophy, writing, communication studies, history, human geography, linguistics, sociology, public health etc)
- Non-formal education
- Cooking and culinary arts
For more info, contact us with a single PDF including the following information:
- Your motivation letter of a maximum of 200 words
- Your brief biography of a maximum of 200 words
Send to: email@example.com
Volunteer days: 10th-18th of October
Deadline to apply: 5th of September 2021
WHAT WE OFFER
- Accommodation in a communal setting and / in shared rooms
- 3 meals per day from our collective kitchen
- Free entrance to all Festival activities, (workshops, performances, music events etc)
- Once you have completed your full participation, you will receive a certificate of participation at the end of the event
*Volunteers will be allocated in (as much as possible), relative positions to their professional orientation and experience.
The volunteers team is required to attend three volunteer meetings before the October event in September and October, and to stay for the entire duration of the program, from the 10th-18th of October 2021.