GENERAL NGO DUTIES
Xarkis NGO is currently made up of three groups:
- the Core Team
- the Advisory Committee and
- the Collaborators’ team which varies according to each project.
Positions for new members can fall under any of these groups and be applied through a discussion with current members. The Advisory Committee, the Core Team and the Contributors’ teams are made up of experienced individuals that collaborate to sustain the vision, mission and means of Xarkis. These values and responsibilities include:
- Employing knowledge, understanding and communicating key issues, challenges and resources. Informing and suggesting priorities and recommended action plans for the organisation
- Advising and/or participating in the conceptualization and/or processes or delivery of projects
- Mapping where possible grounds for collaborations with teams, individuals and initiatives, approving and supervising arrangements with collaborators
- Contributing to the agenda of board meetings and participating in working group meetings
- Offering constructive feedback, exchange of ideas on current and future initiatives
- Maintaining high standards of transparency and accountability
- Researching, identifying and informing the team of relative funding resources and Advocating for funding strategies and participating in funding decisions
- Voting in all board decisions.
We are always on the lookout for fresh minds to enhance what we do. If you are interested to join our team, you are asked to prepare and submit a single PDF file that includes the following:
- Name, mobile phone number, age and address.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) outlining experience (maximum 2 pages).
- Short motivation letter with a summary demonstrating an understanding of Xarkis and our vision for the future as well as your own skill sets, capabilities and relative experience (up to 500 words)
- Suggestion of what role/s you are interested in: core team member, advisory team member, or collaborator on specific project/s
- References are welcome
Please send your application to: email@example.com